“This will be the last home we build.”
“We want to stay in our home as we age.”
“We need handicap accessible features”
“Have you heard of Universal Design?”
“We want a home that is easy to live in, meets our needs and our lifestyle.”
Many of our homeowners are planning for the days ahead in retirement or for family with particular needs. Ease of access, ease of use and easy living – we offer standards and options that make it possible.
Design in a custom home is highly personal, and we offer the homeowner the opportunity to incorporate features that reflect your needs and personality. At Battlefield Homes, we design and customize home plans and features individually with you, our customer, because everyone is different. What do you want to build?
Curb-less / door-less showers, multiple shower heads, shower seats and hand-held sprayers:
Elevators provide easy access to multiple floors of the home, and they’re not as expensive as they used to be:
A few more of the accessibility features that we offer as either standard or optional:
- Full sidelights (standard) on the front door allow offer security by allowing you to easily see who is outside your door.
- Two-level handle faucets (standard) are easier to turn on and off than a single pull bath faucet.
- Sliding drawers (standard) in kitchen cabinets allow for ease of accessibility.
- Side-by-side refrigerators (standard) make for easy access to both the refrigerator and freezer.
- 36” wide interior doors are an option that allows for maximum ease of entry and exit from rooms.
- Rocker light switches with flat panels rather than toggle switches allow for turning lights on and off with a minimum of precision and effort.
- Lever door handles require a minimum of strength and effort to open doors.
- Wide hallways make it easy to maneuver and travel throughout the home.
- Casement windows are easy to open and close.
- High/low closet shelving allows for access from a wheelchair.
- Lever handle faucets (standard) in the kitchen are easy to use.
- Grab bars in baths allow ease for of use and provide a level of safety.
- Ramp access allows for use of a wheelchair for entry and exit.
What do you want to build? Schedule an appointment and let us know!